COVID-19 Measures UPDATE . . .
HISC Racing – Lets all be COVID Safe
Gov.uk published this guidance which was updated on 12 August 2020
|For events in public outdoor spaces that are organised by businesses, charitable or political organisations, and public bodies, can host more than 30 people provided they take reasonable steps to mitigate the risk of transmission, in line with COVID-19 secure guidance and including completion of a risk assessment.|
To comply with this we have to undertake a risk assessment which falls under the responsibility of the Commodore who has to review and sign it off confirming he is happy the organizers of HISC racing have sufficient safeguards in place.
In addition, we require all competitors, members and their guests to comply with the government guidance at all times during HISC Racing events:
And just as a reminder these are:
- Outdoor gatherings should only be occurring in groups of up to 2 households (or support bubbles), or a group of at most 6 people from any number of households. When counting the number of households in a group, a support bubble is considered to be 1 household.
- Maintaining social distancing, which at HISC is 2m anywhere on site.
- Adhering to the distancing marks and one-way systems set out on the balcony and around food service areas
- Making hand washing and use of sanitizer part of your regular routine while using the club
- Remaining responsible for your children who must be supervised at all times in complying with social distancing
- Using contactless payment via club cards and wrist bands only
- Respecting the space required by staff and crew to go about their daily routines
- Signing in your guests for track and trace purposes. Guests without the correct wristband will be asked to leave
- Please note that the Changing Rooms and Showers are presently closed.
- Additional measures may be put in place at other times so please stay alert and follow all verbal and written safety guidelines while on site
The conduct of our members will be monitored by HISC crew and our volunteers and you will be challenged if you fail to comply with these guidelines.
With Youth Race Week and other members events scheduled we all need to up our efforts to comply with these guidelines otherwise we jeopardise any further expansion of our services at HISC.
If we don’t adhere to the Social Distancing and changing room rules we may need to close parts of the club that are already open.