Youth Training Week 2018
For children over 8, Youth Training Week provides the ideal setting for beginners through to early racers.
Taking place in the summer half term, the atmosphere is busy and fun and it’s an ideal way to make friends. Many of our top teenage sailors honed their skills in Youth Training Week and now come back to train up the next generation. Our instructors are all overseen by a Senior Instructor.
Be 8 years old or above
Provide their own boat or hire one of the club fleet.
Have fun, but also be well behaved, our instructors are trained to teach children to sail, they do not have years of classroom experience on child behaviour.
The groups are generally:
Tera and Oppi beginner, Tera and Oppi improver, Tera and Oppi start racing. Some years, depending on number of children, and instructors available we have been able to offer a Feva beginner group.
All groups depend on number that sign up, so please register your interest on the doodle.
Costs: £160, includes lunch
Dates: Tuesday 29 May to Friday 1 June inclusive
Please sign up on this Doodle https://doodle.com/poll/78pyshrffa7indwx
Note on completing the doodle:
- You are very welcome to leave a comment in the comments section on the Doodle – and this is the correct place to let us know anything – HOWEVER, please include your child full name with your comment, as your details are not automatically carried through.
- You can edit your name out and amend to your child’s name.
- Remember to press save at the end.
- You can add multiple children if needed, just press save between each child.
- Doodle is best used on a PC, but works on a phone. Here is a video if you get stuck! https://www.screencast.com/t/zHFDHws0DP
If you are interested in instructing at this event please contact the Marine Manager Simon, [email protected].