Cross Channel Jaunt
Thursday 2 - Sunday 5 June 2022
Combined HISC / CCRC event
- CCRC organizing a cross-channel race.
- HISC organizing a cross-channel crossing in company.
What is provided:
- Berths booked in Cherbourg.
- Written Passage plans with detailed briefing before we depart.
- Radio watch on passage.
- Organized into flotillas of 3-4 boats of similar performance with experienced flotilla leader.
- Optional shore side activities in Cherbourg
Depart: Off West Pole @ 0700, Thursday 2nd June 2022.
Return: Slip Cherbourg @ 0600 Sunday 5th June 2022.
68 mile passage:
- 6 kts – 12 hours.
- 5 kts – 14 hours.
Hourly radio check-in with Flotilla leader.
Rally will have berths booked on the same pontoon.
- 20% discount on berths – MDL berth holders 2 nights FREE!
Social events planned
- Restaurant Guide
- Walks and Cycling
- Cheese & Wine Party
- Boules Championship & Picnic
- We suggest yachts are equipped to ORC CAT3 standard. We will offer advice on how to achieve this. It is not onerous and a sensible yacht should already be similarly equipped.
A Risk Assessment document will be available. However, we are mitigating risks by:
- We are not racing.
- Only sailing in daylight.
- We will not go if the forecast indicates winds above F5.
- We are providing regular VHF monitoring with supporting yachts within a few miles