HISC IS CLOSED - UPDATED 24 MARCH 2020
Please note that our Sailing Programme, Work Parties, Training Courses and All Events are now cancelled until 30 April.
We will keep members updated via email on any further developments.
Following the recent Government announcement and having discussed this issue with fellow Flag Officers and Trustees we have formed a small task force to manage our response to the fast evolving Coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis.
Our paramount concern is for the safety of our members and the HISC Crew, and with that in mind we are taking the following measures:
1. We have made the decision to keep the Clubhouse closed, with no use whatsoever, this means that the showers and changing rooms will now be closed and are not to be used.
2. The Office Team will continue to operate office hours between 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday, and we are still available on email - [email protected]
3. We want all our members to stay safe and healthy and we appreciate that fresh air and exercise is very important both physically and mentally. Please make the most of being out on the water during this period and we encourage those members who wish to go sailing, to do so, by using the beach or slipways to launch. As normal, there will be no safety boat cover on the water.
If you have any specific questions regarding this, please email the Office.
Members should take the precautions outlined by the government on social distancing. Please remember that the Changing Rooms are closed.
4. Our Social Programme & Events are suspended and our Restaurant, Snack Bar, Bar, Coffee Bar and Accommodation are all closed until further notice.
5. Our Sailing Programme, Work Parties & Training Courses are cancelled until 30 April. We will keep members updated via email on any further developments.
6. In the light of the most recent government announcement The Spring Cruiser Launch has been postponed.
There is currently no cruiser launching. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause however, the safety of our members, staff and the general public must be a priority in these uncertain times.
We will be in touch as soon as we have a provisional new launch date.
7. We encourage members to use digital tools, including Social Media to stay in touch. There may be an opportunity to have some 'online' social events, we will be in contact about that as soon as we can.
8. The Commodore has set up a helpline email for all members who are self-isolating or feel vulnerable that need assistance with shopping, prescriptions or just to check in. Please see below.
We will continue to monitor this fast moving situation and advise on updates regularly.
We would like to say a big THANK YOU to all of our members who have volunteered to help out their fellow members in this uncertain time.
We will then match up anybody requiring assistance as and when needed.
We are a members club and we should look after one another wherever possible.