RS Elite at HISC
The design of the RS Elite makes it an ideal keelboat to race, both inside Chichester Harbour and outside in Hayling bay. This enables the fleet to take advantage of some of the best racing conditions on the South Coast, whatever the weather. The HISC fleet has grown into one of the most competitive keelboat fleets in the country and now has 20 activity boats sailing and racing throughout the season at the club.
Contact: Colin Smith - firstname.lastname@example.org
The fleet has an active racing calendar throughout the season:
- Thursday night Sundowner race running from Mid-April to the end of August.
- Sprint racing, once a month, on a Saturday offering short, fast and furious races in Bracklesham Bay.
- Monthly Pennant series offering four races in Hayling bay over the weekend.
- Chichester Harbour Race week, from Wednesday to Friday the fleet has its own dedicate racecourse in Bracklesham Bay sailing two races a day.
- Crabber Nip on Sunday mornings, as part of the autumn series, running from November through until Christmas, with the class having its own start.
- Class prize giving on the last Sunday of the Crabbers Nip.
In addition to this Class has a well-supported Grand Prix Circuit, with three of the main events within travel distance from Hayling.
- RS Elite Southern Area Championship from 3rd to 5th June at Hayling Island SC.
- The Brewin Dolphin RS Elite International Grand Prix, hosted by The Royal Yacht Squadron on the Isle of Wight from 9th to 12th June 2022.
- Eastern Area Championship during Burnham Week from 27th to 29th August.
The fleet encourages partners, families and newcomers to sail together, resulting in a very sociable group of sailors. in conjunction with the Sprint Series we often organise a fleet gathering which are always well supported.
The class is also very prominent at many of the Club’s social functions, which ensure we remain an inclusive and vibrant class that is continuing to grow in popularity.
If you like to get involved please let Colin know.