RS Elite at HISC
The design of the RS Elite makes it an ideal keelboat to race, both inside Chichester Harbour and outside in Hayling bay. This enables the fleet to take advantage of some of the best racing conditions on the South Coast, whatever the weather. The HISC fleet has grown into one of the most competitive keelboat fleets in the country and now has 23 activity boats sailing and racing throughout the season at the club.
Contact: Colin Smith - email@example.com
The fleet has an active racing calendar throughout the season:
• Thursday night Sundowner race running from mid-April to the end of August.
• Sprint racing, once a month, on a Saturday. This offers short, fast and furious races in Bracklesham Bay.
• Monthly Pennant series offering four races in Hayling bay over a nominated weekend.
• Chichester Harbour Race week in August, from Wednesday to Friday. The fleet has its own dedicate racecourse in Bracklesham Bay sailing two races a day.
• Crabber Nip on Sunday mornings during November and December, as part of the autumn series, with the class having its own start.
• Class prize giving is held on the last Sunday of the Crabbers Nip.
Please use the link for the full racing calendar: https://www.hisc.co.uk/club-calendar/main-calendar/
In addition to this the Class has a well-developed and support Grand Prix Circuit, with one of the main events, Southern Champs being held at Hayling.
• RS Elite Southern Area Championship from 27th to 29th May at Hayling Island SC.
• The Irish National Championship from Saturday 24th to Sunday 25th June 2023 at the Royal Ulster Yacht
• The Brewin Dolphin RS Elite National Championship hosted by Strangford Lough in Northern Ireland from Wednesday 28 June to Saturday 1 July 2023.
• Chichester Harbour Race Week on 16/17/18 August 2023 from Hayling Island Sailing Club
• Eastern Area Championship during Burnham Week from 26th to 28th August.
Please use the link for the full racing calendar: https://rselite.org/events-2023/
The fleet encourages partners, families, and newcomers to sail together, resulting in a very sociable group of sailors. In conjunction with the Sprint Series we often organise a fleet gathering in the evening after sailing which are always well supported.
The class is also very prominent at many of the Club’s social functions, which ensure we remain an inclusive and vibrant class that is continuing to grow in popularity.
If you like to get involved, please let Colin know.