HISC holds RYA Dinghy & Windsurf Instructor Courses throughout the year.
The RYA Instructor course is a professional qualification allowing you teach others in the sport you love. As an instructor you will need to be a competent, experienced sailor who can communicate with a diverse range of people
- Aged 16 years of older.
- Hold a valid First Aid Certificate - click here for a list of acceptable first aid certificates.
- Hold a PB2 certificate.
- Hold the RYA Safe and Fun Certificate - this is an online course which will need to be completed at another Training Centre
- Complete a pre-entry sailing assessment within 1 year prior to the instructor course. HISC can help provide a pre assessment for your course.
- It is recommended to complete the RYA Advanced Sailing Courses including RYA Seamanship Skills & RYA Sailing Spinnakers. Skills from these courses will be tested at the pre assessment.
- To pass the course 100% attendance on the Instructor course is required.
- RYA Instructor Courses are always completed on a ratio of 6 students to 1 coach.
- The course is 5 days.
- Pre-Assessment is a half day.
Instructor Course - £380
Pre-Assessment - £65
More details on the RYA Dinghy Instructor Courses can be found on the RYA website by clicking here.
Course Joining Instructions